For correct installation
For correct operation of your range hood; professional installation by a specialized technician is the key.
Assembly and maintenance vary according to the two types of range hood:
- Duct-out hoods exhaust air to the outdoor atmosphere. This type is most used type because they offer high performance, high capacity and low noise.
- Recirculating hoods remove unpleasant odors from the air by means of a charcoal and grease filter before re-introducing the air into the kitchen. This type is suitable for kitchens with no extractor duct and also avoids thermal losses to the outside atmosphere.
Nearly all Elica models are capable of operating in both modes.
Before installing your range hood, familiarize yourself with these basic rules:
- follow all the steps shown in the instruction handbook;
- if you run into difficulties, seek assistance from a reliable, specialied technician;
- connect duct-out hoods to the outside atmosphere with a dedicated pipe with a diameter of 4-3/4inches – 6 inches: minimizing the ducting distance and avoiding unnecessary bends maximizes performance;
- comply with the minimum distance from the cooktop specified in the handbook, in order to ensure safety and avoid damage to working parts;
- make sure that the electric socket is close enough to the hood for connection.